CASTELLO [the Castle] at Valbona is an ancient structure that
passed to the Carrara family, 1318, and then to Venice, 1405.
By 1635 the property was owned by Marco Cornaro (E-44 [prob.])
of the segment of the Cornaro family known as the Candia [Crete]
branch. Il Castello passed through Marco's descendants and then
into the possession, c. 1800, of Andriana (Diedo) Cornaro, the
wife (or perhaps, by then, the widow) of Andrea Cornaro (E-76),
one of the last Cornaros of the Candia branch.