Villa CornaroBorgo Treviso 46, Paradiso di Castelfranco Veneto (Treviso)
VILLA CORNARO of Paradiso was designed, 1607, by the architect Vincenzo Scamozzi and is illustrated in his treatise L'Idea dell'Architettura Universale [The Idea of Universal Architecture]. The structure comprised two symmetrical villas and a barchessa [farm building]. The garden contained a pond traversed by a 5-arch bridge with marble pedastals supporting statues.
The Scamozzi-designed villa was razed in the mid-1800s. The present structure, Palazzo Bolasco-Revedin, designed by the architect G. B. Meduna, was erected at that time on the site of the earlier barchessa. The ballroom frescos are by Giacomo Casa, 1865. The current park, designed by Meduna and Caregaro Negrin, features 15 statues by Orazio Marinali. Prince Amedeo of Savoy was a guest at the palazzo in 1866.
Home | Palaces | Chapels | Villas | Paintings | Theaters
Family | Links